Helping people with eating disorders is a burning issue these days. This is especially important since early diagnosis and treatment can significantly reduce the risk of negative health effects and give a positive prognosis for a full recovery.
Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, compulsive overeating, etc.) combine both genetic and psychological causes. This group of disorders can affect people of any gender, age, nationality and socio-economic status. Scientific researches and practical work related to eating disorders have been constantly evolving in recent years.
In 2015, the Association of Doctors and Psychologists “Eating Disorders: Therapy and Prevention” was created in Ukraine. Its purpose is to unite doctors, psychologists, psychotherapists and other specialists to create a common professional field, with the aim of sharing experience and providing quality care to patients with eating disorders and the prevention of eating disorders.
Activities of the Association:
- promoting the development of treatment and prevention of eating disorders and informing specialists of various profiles about the specifics of this type of disorder;
- cooperation and exchange of experience with international organizations and specialists in various areas of psychotherapy in the treatment of eating disorders, psychiatrists, nutritionists, doctors of various specialties;
- development and implementation of teaching materials, treatment protocols for specialists working with eating disorders;
- development of relations with international organizations, conferences, symposia, seminars;
- drawing public attention to the problem of eating disorders. Promoting international training programs that meet professional community standards