Helping people with eating disorders is a burning issue these days. This is especially important since early diagnosis and treatment can significantly reduce the risk of negative health effects and give a positive prognosis for a full recovery.
Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, compulsive overeating, etc.) combine both genetic and psychological causes. This group of disorders can affect people of any gender, age, nationality and socio-economic status. Scientific researches and practical work related to eating disorders have been constantly evolving in recent years.
In 2015, the Association of Doctors and Psychologists “Eating Disorders: Therapy and Prevention” was created in Ukraine. Its purpose is to unite doctors, psychologists, psychotherapists and other specialists to create a common professional field, with the aim of sharing experience and providing quality care to patients with eating disorders and the prevention of eating disorders.
Activities of the Association:
- promoting the development of treatment and prevention of eating disorders and informing specialists of various profiles about the specifics of this type of disorder;
- cooperation and exchange of experience with international organizations and specialists in various areas of psychotherapy in the treatment of eating disorders, psychiatrists, nutritionists, doctors of various specialties;
- development and implementation of teaching materials, treatment protocols for specialists working with eating disorders;
- development of relations with international organizations, conferences, symposia, seminars;
- drawing public attention to the problem of eating disorders. Promoting international training programs that meet professional community standards
Association Organizing Committee
In 2022, the Association of Doctors and Psychologists «Eating disorders: Therapy and Prevention» receives the status of a National Association. Thus, starting from 2021, 18 branches of the Association were opened in various regions of Ukraine.
- Volyn region. Head – Olga Lazarenko.
- Donetsk/Luhansk region. Head – Juliia Yashchyshyna.
- Kyiv region. Head – Maryna Fatieieva.
- Sumy region. Head – Nadiia Chalova.
- Zakarpattia region. Head – Serhiy Skrypynets.
- Odesa region. Head – Oksana Prikhodskaya.
- Mykolayiv region. Head – Marina Sabeskaya.
- Lviv region. Head – Anna Mozgova
- Zaporozhye region. Head – Iryna Nomerovskaya
- Dnipropetrovsk region. Head – Tara Konrad.
- Kharkiv region. Head – Yuliya Onyshchenko
- Zhytomyr region. Head – Daria Boyko
- Ivano-Frankivsk region. Head – Liydmyla Tyhohod
- Chernihiv region. Head – Tetiana Lakusta
- Poltava region. Head – Natalia Rudko
- Ternopil region. Head – Andriy Bondarchuk
- Vinnytsia region. Head – Nadiia Volchenska
- Cherkasy region. Head – Maryna Bilousova